December 3, 2009

I find it pleasantly amazing at how much physics is around us. But isn't it an irony to call it Modern Physics? I mean, it was already discovered so long ago. In fact, even Heisenberg and Schrodinger drew their inspirations from the Upanishads (sacred Hindu Vendantic).

Its interesting to read into the history of some of the theories, especially the ones we learn in school. The thought that there is more depth to it than what you teachers taught you is truly fascinating. There are so many facts and stories that you just feel compelled to keep finding more. Its actually kind of fun.

So much of what we do revolve around the ideas formulated during times when most people would find it ridiculous. Now, people just take it for granted. In the extreme circumstances, they abuse the knowledge.

Its good to know that whatever I learned in school hasn't really gone to waste yet.

No comments: