Yeah, that's what my teacher calls it. He made a remark about a fellow Singaporean during class today. The kind of remark that made us give him the OMG-you-did-not-just-say-that face. In his defence, he said that we were giving him that look for something he did, that we only do behind people's backs, which I think he means to say that we're not any better than him. Hypocrite's the word.
It got me thinking. Does it really make us any better or worse off? You know what? I think the whole point of being polite is so that people don't get hurt. And to ensure that people don't get hurt, we say things about them behind their backs. I know its morally and religiously wrong, but spare me. I'm only human.
If it seems like there's no point to this post, then don't mind me. I'm just mindlessly blabbering away my thoughts. It was kinda bugging me on the train ride home. Oh wells.
No comments:
Post a Comment