So Princess Diana's son is set to get married and my hopes for humanity has somewhat lifted, that there can still be happiness amidst catastrophic events. Sound potter familiar?
My mum and I were talking last night about how she remembers when Princess Diana got married. There was question of whether she could fit in to the royal family and even after death there was speculation of whether the royal family had anything to do with the "accident" (I've been watching too many movies).
She feels Kate Middleton exudes a more confident persona as compared to Princess Diana whom she believes was more naive at the time of her marriage. I've always been fascinated with Princess Diana and I agree with her. She comes across as very shy yet determined to use her royal ties to help people. Her courtship with Prince Charles was so fairytale-like but of course life isn't like that. I have yet to do my research on Kate Middleton. All I care is the ropes she'll be able to pull now that she's betrothed (and soon to marry) to THE royal family. Imagine how much influence she can have on people. Imagine how many lives she can change with that amount of wealth. So now I know, I need to marry someone royal.
Funny, I remember that day in '97, we were in the car when we heard over the radio that Princess Diana had died in a car accident. My parents were all teary-eyed and I couldn't understand at the time why her death would mean anything to my parents. I remember that much. And its funny because I can remember that from almost 14 years ago but I can't remember where I placed my wallet last night. Still looking for it.
No comments:
Post a Comment