Kuta Beach, Bali
Well technically I came back from Bali on Thursday but metaphorically I've been away from this blog for quite some time now. It's been awhile since I put my thoughts proper into words and I'm afraid I'm going abit crazy up there.
Bali was an awesome experience. A good getaway from a city-life that is Singapore. The beaches were great, their safari is better than our Singapore Zoo and I got the opportunity to see a terraced padi field. Dinner by the beach on our last night was R-O-M-A-N-T-I-C, excluding the occasional "I can't see what I'm eating!" from my aunt. The food in general was..for the sake of survival. If it is food thou is looking for then thou will have a better time in Penang.
My time there was also culturally enriching. They are surprisingly very clean people. And trust me, if I say its clean, then its better than clean. There's not a single shop that doesn't have a mop or broom at the ready. It doesn't help that their floors are almost always white tiles so its hard for you to make a mess with your shoes and not feel guilty. 'Tis why I ended up removing said shoes.
The architecture there is heavily influenced by Hinduism but no surprise, seeing as 80% of the population there are Hindus. The people there are very sincere, or at least I seem to think so. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that the Indonesians actually have their own culture, so it comes naturally to them. As opposed to Singapore which doesn't really have a culture of her own, except maybe if you count constantly STOMPing every little act of misbehavior.
Not that many dogs. And I definitely wasn't offered drugs. Heh. Had quite an experience at the hotel but too bad its not something that'll fit into my lifestlye.
All in all, I don't mind going back. But maybe for a short 2 nights next time? I'm setting my eyes on New Zealand. Le uncle mentioned something about an LOTR package?
No comments:
Post a Comment