Now who says engin students cant't get a 3-day week huh? Okay lah technically I have lessons everyday but the school provided us with recorded lectures for a reason, no?
I'm the type of person that likes to run on a schedule. I plan things in my head. If things deviates significantly from said plan, I abandon it completely. But, hey. We're all on a journey of self-improvement, are we not. So I try to add some spontaneity to my somewhat perfectionistic ways. Really I do.
Even so, I still can't help but get excited every-single-time we have to plan and register mods for the new semester. It's like the epitome of planning imo. You camp out in front of the laptop to find the best combination possible and you sit there counting down till that exact minute you have to click "add courses to STARS". And for me the minutes leading up to it can be extremely nerve-wrecking. What if my laptop hangs? What if the server crashes for people who live in the East (hey it can happen)? What if they ask to log-in again and I forget my password? And I have to admit, it's this kind of adrenaline that drives me to my fullest level of awareness. (Haaa I'm so lame. Cue awkward silence)
So anyway, the time to shine arrives (okay someone just shoot me already. "Time to shine"? like srsly..). You click and get your desired schedule! Good for you. But what if you didn't? well then, the most accurate description of that feeling I can give is like planning to bring your famous Shepherds Pie to a friend's birthday party only to realize that 99% of the people attending that party are Hindus. THAT IS THE FEELING GUYS. STUPIDITY. SELF DOUBT(How could you not have checked if shepherds pie would be ok??). BETRAYAL (frm the friend that didn't tell you he's Hindu). CARELESSNESS (ok maybe he did tell you. You probably just forgot). Or somewhere along those lines.
I think you can comprehend the kind of emotions that get involved in this. I'd personally say it ain't for the faint-hearted. Unfortunately, this is exhilarating as my term break is going to get. Peace out (Y)
No comments:
Post a Comment